WELCOME TO THE CGES MEDIA CENTER!
Our Spring Book Fair will run from Monday, May 15th through Friday May 19th. It will be another BOGO fair! The fair will be open each day from 7:30 until 4:00, and will remain open until 5:00 on Wednesday, May 17th.
The Greenville Drive Reading All-Stars Celebration Game that was scheduled for Sunday, April 23rd, has been rescheduled for Tuesday, May 2nd. The pre-game parade will take place at 6:00 and the game begins at 7:00. See the Greenville Drive's press release
for more information about how to exchange your tickets for this game or any other available game if you are unable to use the tickets you already secured on May 2nd.
The last day for students to check out books this school year will be Friday, May 12th.
All books need to be returned by Friday, May 26th.
This year's Cedar Grove Battle of the Books competition was held on the morning of Wednesday, April 5th. The winner of our school's competition advanced to the district competition at West Pelzer Elementary on Wednesday, April 19th. Congratulations to this year's CGES winner, the 5th grade "Book-a-Rooz". They represented our school with pride at the district competition!
Rules and Procedures
1. Students will be respectful and kind to others in their words and actions.
2. Students will listen when the teacher is speaking and will raise their hands and wait their turn to talk.
3. Students will do their best to handle library books with care and respect.
4. Students in grades 2-5 may borrow up to three books at a time. Students in grade 1 may borrow two books at a time and K5 students may borrow one at a time.
5. Books are due after one week, but students may renew a book if no one has placed it on hold.
6. If a book is lost or badly damaged, a replacement fee will be charged.
7. If a student wants to check out new books before their next library day, they may visit the library before or after school, or during the school day with their teacher's permission.